10 Ways To Raise Your Frequency And Find Spiritual Guidance
It is the birthright of each of us to have a direct line to a Higher Power, whatever that is for you. Yet, few of us have learned how to do this at will on a daily basis. Surprisingly however, it is not hard to do. The spiritual realm exists at a higher frequency than we do here on the physical plane of planet Earth. In order to access the spiritual realm, we need to know how to raise our “frequency”.
One way to understand “frequency” is to imagine a room filled with people who are sharing love and joy with each other. This room has a feeling of lightness, a high frequency, whereas a room filled with angry, tense people has a feeling of heaviness, a low frequency.So, how do we raise our frequency? There are numerous things you can do to help yourself raise your frequency, but none of them will work unless you have the intent to learn with Spirit about loving yourself and others.
Our intention is the most powerful tool we have for raising our frequency. There are only two possible intentions in any given moment: to learn with God/Spirit about loving yourself and others, or to protect against your pain and avoid responsibility for your feelings. When our intent is to protect and avoid, we seek to control, through our various addictions, our feelings, others’ feelings and behavior, and the outcome of things. When our intent is to learn, we seek to take responsibility for our own feelings and behavior by discovering what we may be thinking or doing that is unloving to ourselves and others, and what would be loving.
You can try many methods of raising your frequency, from prayer to meditation to chanting, but if your intention is to protect instead of learn, none of these will do any good at all. The reason is that when the intention is to protect against pain, we close our heart so as not to feel whatever we are feeling. Spirit cannot come through a closed heart.
We are each given free will when we come to this planet. This means that we get to choose our intention, to be open or closed, loving or unloving, protected against pain or taking responsibility for our feelings. While the love that is God/Spirit is all-powerful, it cannot come into a closed heart. Just as the air you breathe cannot come into your lungs until you take a breath, the love, power and wisdom that is Spirit cannot enter your being until you choose the intent to learn about loving.
When you have a true, pure intention to learn, your frequency automatically rises. None of the actions I suggest below will raise your frequency without this intention. However, once you have this intention the following actions can help to further raise your frequency.
- Move into your imagination. Your imagination is a gift from Spirit. When you move into your imagination, you raise your frequency and tap into the source of your creativity and inspiration. Our willingness to move into and trust our imagination is essential to being able to connect with our personal Spiritual Guidance. When you first begin to utilize your imagination to increase your frequency and connect with Spirit, you might feel as if you are just using your imagination to make things up. However, as you take the risk of trusting what you think you are “making up,” you will discover that it really is coming through you from Spirit rather than from you.
- Keep your body clear. Your body is an energy system. If your body’s energy is clogged with drugs, alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, sugar, heavy foods, lots of food or foods contaminated with pesticides, preservatives, artificial sweeteners or any of the thousands of chemicals that are added to foods, your frequency is lowered.
- Pray. Sincere prayers of gratitude and asking Spirit for help in healing all blocks to loving can raise your frequency.
- Chant. Repetitive prayers, chants and mantras can open you to higher frequencies, as can singing in general.
- Dance. Rapid repetitive movement, such as drumming, may open you to higher frequencies.
- Spend time in nature. The frequency of a city is far lower than the frequency of nature. Being among trees and flowers, near a river, creek or lake, at the ocean, in the desert, or on a mountain can all raise your frequency.
- Listen to classical or spiritual music.
- Do creative, artistic activities. Moving into your creative imagination raises the frequency.
- Use aromatherapy. Incense has been used for centuries to raise the frequency and invite spiritual connection. Burn various dried plants such as sage, pine, cedar and lavender to clear the energies in a room and raise the frequency. Use essential oils in a diffuser or apply to your hands and inhale to help shift your energetic frequency (be mindful in using on your skin as some oils may be very strong and require them to be used with a carrier oil).
- Lighting candles. Candlelight, too, has been used for thousands of years to clear the air and raise the frequency.
f you get into the habit of asking yourself throughout the day, “What is my intention? Am I trying to control something, or is my deepest desire in the moment to learn about loving myself and others?”, you will begin to understand intention. This will eventually lead you into hearing, feeling, and seeing your personal spiritual Guidance.